1. I feel uncomfortable by the appearance of my body in the brace.
2. It is hard for me to be open with my brace.
3. I feel uncomfortable in situations where other people can see my brace.
4. I don’t feel embarrassed when people see my brace.
5. I avoid body contact so that no-one knows that I wear a brace.
6. When deciding what kind of clothes to wear or how to wear my hair, I try to make sure my brace is hidden.
7. I don’t feel embarrassed to show my brace to people close to me (parents, friends and schoolfriends).
8. Because of my brace I avoid activities/hobbies, which otherwise I love to do.